Hua Hin: Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand Full-Day Visit
Take the opportunity to learn about the rescued creatures living at a wildlife rescue center and elephant refuge in Phetchaburi, Thailand. See hundreds of animals, and get up close and personal to elephants in a responsible and non-exploitative manner.
- Enjoy a traditional Thai buffet overlooking a large animal enclosure
- See some of the rescued animals and hear their stories
- Learn about the conservation issues that elephants face
- Get a convenient hotel transfer from/to your accommodation in Hua Hin or Cha-Am
Meet your driver at your accommodation lobby in Hua Hin or Cha-Am at 9-9.15 AM. Take a 1-hour transfer to Phetchaburi where the foundation is located. When you arrive, meet and greet your guide for the day. Follow an informed guided tour around all areas of the center as you see some of the rescued animals, hear their stories, and learn why they are living at the center.
At noon, enjoy lunch and refreshments including a Thai buffet looking over the large multi-species enclosure with elephants, gibbons, and other animals. The various meal options consist of vegan, vegetarian, and meat.
After lunch, meet and feed one of the elephants. See how the volunteers at the elephant refuge go about their daily tasks. Learn about the elephant’s individual stories and personalities. Find out about the conservation issues that elephants face, and how they are exploited by tourist attractions, forced to carry lots of people and perform tricks – you will see none of this at the elephant refuge, where the elephant’s natural behavior is of paramount importance.
Finally, drive around the whole site and get to see the bears and monkeys enjoying their meal before the tour ends at approximately 3.30 PM. Get transferred back to your Hua Hin hotel where your tour ends.
- Access to the Wildlife Rescue Centre and Elephant Refuge
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tram ride around the site
- All fees and taxes
- Round-trip transfers from your hotels in Hua Hin or Cha-Am
What’s Not Included
- Transfers from outside Hua Hin and Cha-Am