4-Day RV River Kwai Cruise
- Likely to Sell Out
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Monday Day 1 [-/L/D]
- Depart from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi via Nakorn Pathom.
- Short stop to visit the highest Chedi in Thailand called Phra Pathom Chedi and Khao Noi Cave Temple located on the west bank of the river.
- Visit to Tiger Cave Temple nearby, built in the form of Thai cultural art.
- Continue to Kanchanaburi and visit to War Museum, a realistic depiction of a prisoner of war (POW) camp with bamboo huts which give an inkling of the grim living conditions and atrocities endured.
- Visit Wat Tham Khaopoon, a Buddhist temple which served as a big camp of World War II. Behind the temple enjoy a marvelous view down the valley of the Kwai Noi River.
- Embark RV River Kwai at Nong Ya dock. Lunch on board.
- 19:30 Dinner and overnight on board, near Ban Kao.
Tuesday Day 2 [B/L/D]
- Breakfast on board while cruising upriver.
- 10:00 Visit “Prasat Muang Singh”, historical park with Khmer architecture from the late Lopburi period, some 700-800 years ago.
- 11:00 Continue by coach to Tha Kilen Train Station.
- 11:47 Take a 3rd class train to Saphan Tham Krasae passing over the long wooden viaduct.
- 12:02 Arrive at Saphan Tham Krasae and visit to Krasae Cave.
- 12:30 Continue by coach to Wang Pho Bridge.
- 14:00 Lunch on board while cruising.
- Afternoon at leisure on boat.
- 19:30 Dinner and overnight on board near the Resotel.
Wednesday Day 3 [B/L/D]
- Breakfast on board.
- 09:00 Walk uphill to visit Kaeng Lava Cave.
- 10:30 Cruise upriver to Ban Haad Ngiu and continue by coach to Hell Fire Pass, a part of the Death Railway cut through the stone mountain.
- Rejoin the boat at Kaeng Pa Lorm.
- 13:30 Lunch on board while cruising, passing Sai Yok Yai Waterfalls.
- Afternoon at leisure on the boat.
- 15:30 Visit a boarding school nearby built under the patronage of H.R.H. Crown Princess Sirindhorn for refugee children.
- 16:30 Back to boat and cruising upriver.
- 19:00 “Farewell Dinner” and overnight on board at Daowadueng Bridge.
Thursday Day 4 [B/L/-]
- 07:00 Offering foods to monks at nearby temple.
- 08:30 Breakfast on board.
- 10:00 Disembark and return to Kanchanaburi. Visit the Thailand-Burma Railway Center Museum and the Donrak War Cemetery which contains the remains of 6,982 Allied prisoners of war. Continue to the world-famous bridge over the River Kwai.
- 13:00 Lunch at River Kwai Restaurant.
- 14:00 Proceed to Bangkok.
- 18:00 Arrive Bangkok and transfer to Hotel or Airport.
Bangkok - Kanchanaburi